Strange Bedfellows
Tears From the Sun
Under The Rose

GAMES PAST
Cry Havoc
First Light
Light From Shadow
Time Under Chaos

There were times that called for the use of ancient and powerful words, the acknowledgment of humans in a crisis everywhere and everywhen since language was first invented. This was one of them. "Shit." Aurora said.
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:35 am

Post subject: Mover
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:49 pm 
Shadow Walker

That sounds awesome!

Welcome aboard! Glad to hear you are suffering...err... enjoying yourself in the Shock of Chaos campaign!

If there is any way I can ehnace that -the enjoyment, not the suffering- feel free to call on me! I'm sure I can find a leftover spikard, or in a worst case scenario a Pattern Blade quest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:11 am 
Castle Guard

Hey, a spikard, that sounds interesting, would that work against the Logrus? (my character has some Logrus-problems right now :shock: )
But if I am to call on you, you would have to come over, since it is a face-to-face campaign. I guess the Netherlands are a bit far...

By worst case scenario you mean a war between Amber and Chaos? Well, actually, we are trying to make peace in this campaign. It is a few months after Patternfall (Chaos time, Amber time would be a year or two) and some younger Amberites (including me) have been sent to the Courts as diplomats to set up an embassy and to prepare for the peace-treaty. Only it looks like the Chaosians are delaying things quite succesfully.
The player characters are evenly divided between "Amberites" and "Chaosians", the quotes are there because in reality every player character has a dual heritage, both Chaos and Amber! We as players know this, the characters do not.
So the campaign is centered on the Courts of Chaos, and that is where the title comes from: the Courts can be quite a shock to Amberites.

Oh, and about that Pattern blade, there may already be a Pattern axe in the campaign (no, not Deirdre's, different design) so we probably don't need it right now :)

By the way, nice avatar, Seanchai, could easily be the demon form of some Chaos Lord...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:07 am 
Goddess

Seanchai is a demon.

Post subject: demon
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:41 am 
Shadow Walker

Yes, but I hide it so well.... *rolls eyes dramatically*

Thanks for the compliment! Maybe I'll go over to Chaos!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:38 pm 
Wide-Eyed Newbie

Hello. My name is Rey, and once I was quite possibly the worst PBEM GM to ever grace the Interweb. Like Immlass, I call Austin, Texas home with my wife Jules, my son Tristan, two cats and a miniature schnauzer.

I got burned out on PBEM a while back, mostly over my frustration with consistency and pace (both in myself and others), and have never found a good way to get back in to the online game.

My first Amber character took his first and last breath in 1992, and I've been an on-again, off-again disciple of the game ever since. My first Amber PBEM was... damn I can't remember, but it was in 1996. It was a huge game and a very big deal with lots of RL drama in the background. Fun, though.

I've played and run things here and there. Not sure what may be noteworthy, other than playing Harrison in Jenna's Myriads of August game for a while there.

Oh, and I did a little web design and moderation on the original board while my wife is the artist of ArdenRanger's banner and icon.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:57 pm 
Goddess

Rey!

::tosses flower petals;;

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:50 am 

Huzzah!

:D

Welcome back Rey!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:58 am 
Wide-Eyed Newbie

I know, right? I'll tread so lightly nary a petal shall bruise. And hey, Ray. Thanks a bunch!

Some times I get urges. Terrible, terrible urges.

No, not those kinds of urges. Well, not only.

Like today, I was taking a shower and thinking, "you know what would be amazing? if somehow I could figure out a good way to decentralize the actual running of a game so that if (and when) I eventually fade the game won't, combine that with the interactive setting-building I did in that 'Name My Game' thing I did a million years ago with that Elder spouse game (was that Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained?), with some Song of Ice and Fire-ish political intrigue with the Golden Circle shadows, adding a hint of Sleeping With the Enemy for a little spice..."

Then I restored oxygen flow to my brain and dismissed the whole mess as too ambitious.

I think my utter lack of having a group of people I click with to play with locally, coupled with our increasing anti-social-ness, has finally started to wear away at what little grey matter I had kicking around. It's a cyclical thing with me, it seems. I get tired of most all RP, then get really into it, then sort of fade some, then a second wind, then burnout and I go into hiding for a while.

I have no idea where I am right now, though.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:18 pm 
Shadow Walker

Hi Rey!

I think it takes at least a touch of madness to try and run a PBEM, much less a PBEM with Amber.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:25 pm 
Pattern Adept

Hello,

I`m Mascha, 29 years old and I live in the Netherlands.

I`ve been roleplaying (live, tabletop and PBEM) for about 11 years now and still haven`t tired of it by far.

I`ve tried GM-ing but only to discover that that just isn`t my cup of tea.

When I`m not roleplaying I mostly play house with my husband and son or doctor on a psychiatric ward.

Well that`s about it I guess.

merry meet

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:17 pm 
Pattern Master

Welcome!

You gonna fit right in. :D

Now, read through the old stuff and please don't hesitate to post on old threads, that's what noobs are here for, reminding us about the stuff we started to talk about and never went around finishing.

Oh, and the posting rate is somewhat slow around here, so don't despair if people do not pay attention to what you wrote for a day or two. That's just the way it is.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:51 pm 
The Anti-Canon

Hello Mascha. :)

Glad to see you here!

I think you will have fun, though this board tends to get busy in weird spurts of activity.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:37 pm 
Innocent of All But Malice

Ray used to be our semi-official greeter, and now that he's not able, we needed someone to take over the slack. Thanks, Nostromo and battlebooze!

Also welcome to mascha!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:50 pm 
Castle Guard

*waves to Mascha, above*

Oops, was I supposed to introduce myself?

I'm a 23-year-old college student. If I'd taken the standard path, I'd be in grad school now. Instead I'm still finishing up undergrad, after a 2.5-year detour as a civil servant. But they're letting me do real science anyway, so I'm not quite so impatient with the process as I otherwise might be.

At the moment I am one paragraph and an abstract away from completing the Internship Report that Ate Manhattan.

I GM an IRC-based game of D&D (3.5, Eberron) once per month, on whichever Sunday all of my players can get together. While I've long been curious about Amber Diceless, my first chance to play was this past May at RandomCon. I'm hooked. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:14 pm 
Castle Guard

And... I would be Kevin.

I'm a South African who moved to the UK a few years ago and lived for a while in Wales, then England, and now Northern Ireland.... (I noticed you're in Ireland, Nostromo - who far away would you be from Belfast?).

I first got hooked by Zelazny's works in High school and from there into online text based gaming with AmberMUSH during its hay day, PatternfallMUSH and a Tolkien based TheTwoTowersMUD and gamed through three degrees (or should that be degreed through three games?)

After moving to the UK, my first (and very nervous) FTF gaming experience was in 2004 at AmberConUK. It was everything I'd hoped for and more and I'd recommend any locals to make every effort to join in the fun. After doing my time in Wales I moved to England and joined a great RPG club even poked the organisers of AmberConUK hard enough to get it hosted in MK in 2009 *chuckle* Let's hope the 2010 dates will get posted soon too! Recently I've moved to Northern Ireland and am looking around for some RP opportunities here....

Other than family, my main 'hobby' is a Forum Amber game I run online called 'By Design' which has been running since May 2008....

Kevin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:04 pm 

Welcome, welcome!!

Pull up a chair and make yourself comfortable. :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:05 pm 

Hi Kevin.
Welcome to our little corner of the web. I see you've already jumped right in with both feet. Excellent!
Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:01 am 
Goddess

Hi Kevin!

And Ray, Rochelle has a question...

;)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:41 pm 

Theresa, I can guess. :?
Post it in Portrait's forum or send it to me directly. I'll do my best to answer.
:)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:12 pm 

*waves*

Hi guys! I miss anything?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:26 pm 

Hey Verrain, welcome back!

To answer your question; No, not really. There are a couple of new members, but it's been pretty quiet around here. Glad to have you back. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:50 am 
Goddess

Oh, don't listen to that guy. He's been skulking around Facebook. :P

Nice to see you, Rich.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:29 am 

::cough cough:: Portraits. ::cough cough::

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:03 am 
Pattern Master

G'day!

I'm an Australian who regularly roleplays with your long time forum members Eric Henry and Mike Walker (Mike introduced me to Amber many years ago, and probably still regrets doing so).

I find the Amber universe fascinating, but am more interested in what happens out in Shadow, and 'the little people' than in Amberites and/or Chaos Lords.

Have been very impressed with the quality of this Forum! Many an interesting mental meal. Hopefully my own contributions will be up to scratch; here's a start:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=456

Also, I have a local netiquette question - replying to old topics! There's some interesting discussions here that ended quite a while ago - how old is "let the tired old topic die" old?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:05 pm 

Hi whitelaughter! And welcome aboard!

To answer your netiquette question - It's never too old. Really. If you have read through the topic and you have another angle, or a question, go ahead and post and get those thoughts flowing again! On the other hand if you just want to say, 'I agree with so & so', then most community members will probably ignore it.

Again, welcome to SoA!

Ray~